RE: Fit and finish

To: GLCurley@aol.com, bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Fit and finish
From: "GREGORY MONFORT" <WINGRACER@classic.msn.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 97 02:16:02 UT
Why is it not a fair comparison? Your comments are the very reasons that make
it a fair analogy. I do disagree that acrylic will outshine a properly done
custom paint job. Plus, sooner or later, you will need to paint it after
repairing cobweb cracks. Neither will you ever get a quality panel fit because
they're all designed undersize. There will always be excessive joint gap. All
of this and more add up to the look and feel of kit car quality of yesteryear.
Sitting on display in a new car showroom with comparably priced
Lincoln's/Mercury's, they looked pretty shabby in comparison.

GM