DeLorean

To: bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: DeLorean
From: "S.G.Schiro" <gschiro@qsky.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 1997 14:56:37 -0500
I have sat in one, but never driven one.  I don't believe they are as
innovative as the Bricklin.  The gullwing doors are not very heavy, i.e.
they don't need power actuation.  I don't know how the stainless steel
over fiberglass skin holds up, though I do know some owners paint their
cars, possibly for esthetic reasons.  The engine, if memory serves, is a
saab/renault four banger of about 3 liters.  Don't know too much about
these powerplants, but I expect they can be supercharged or
turbocharged.  It's a common engine in Europe, so there is bound to be a
fair amount of performance equipment available.  I believe the DeLorean
is lighter than the Bricklin, but don't know the exact weight.  If I was
going to run into a bridge abutment at 70 mph, I'd rather be in a
Bricklin.

George Schiro