Can I switch springs on cars?

To: bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Can I switch springs on cars?
From: "K M" <symbiotic@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 1998 15:34:27 PST
Can I just pop the coils out of a 75 and put them into a 74?  The 74
just doesn't have the ground clearance that is needed.  Also, just what
is needed to put a 75 front air scoop on the 74?  I looked under the 74
and it appears that the fiberglass part of the front fender where it
looks like the scoop attaches is broken off and I can't really tell
whether that piece is an integral part of the fenders or a separate
part.  It doesn't seem possible that I would have to change both fenders
in order to install the scoop.

How about the rear springs -- is there a demonstrable difference between
the years and are they interchangeable?  Thanks for any information.