FW: Thanks for the memories -- and reminders!

To: "Bricklin (E-mail)" <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: FW: Thanks for the memories -- and reminders!
From: "Olson, Scott" <scottolson@cascon.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 1998 10:53:59 -0500

-----Original Message-----
From: Olson, Scott
Sent: Wednesday, April 08, 1998 10:54 AM
To: 'K. Bennett'
Subject: RE: Thanks for the memories -- and reminders!

> bad as the PIG who was often mistaken as a kit car atop a VW
> engine and
> chassis!

Here! Here!  I was at Pep boys in the Chicago area and was asking some
questions about intake manifolds.  I had previously reduced myself to
talking about a Javelin at any parts store rather than explain why my
car wasn't in their computer.  Well,  the guy behind the counter "seemed
knowledgable" and was asking so many questions about my "javelin" that I
had to tell him that I was lying and my car was a Bricklin.  His
response was odd because it showed an understanding and recognition that
the car existed but a complete waste of true knowledge.  These are his

"Ohh yeah.  Those cars are pretty cool.  My buddy had one 8 years ago or
so."  Love the doors"

[so far so good]

"Yeah,  those were kit cars"

[oops,  I can either shoot him or help him with his ineptitude]

"No,  no   his car was a kit car.  It was a fiberglass car with gull
wing doors on a VW chassis with the VW engine.  My buddy put a straight
six porsche engine it,  it was fast"

[no sir  It has an AMC 360 V8 and was built by Bricklin as a production
vehicle and although it had every other car manufacturers parts built
into the mutt,  it had no relation to the VW]

"Hey,  you shouldn't be buying an intake manifold for a V8,  let me look
up the VW engine parts,  man I love those cars, but they weren't
production and they were VW kit cars"

[goodbye]