Re: Bunny Rabbit didn't bring my headers...

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Bunny Rabbit didn't bring my headers...
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 1998 13:06:14 -0400
At 10:11 AM 4/12/98 -0400, Charles Harrilal wrote:
>I've lost contact with the original owner of my Brick, but maybe
>one of you guys have the solution to my dillema.  My Brick has a
>'71 351 Cleveland engine, with the huge port heads. IT NEEDS HEADERS
>TO BREATHE PROPERLY.

Charles,

   What they are telling you is correct.  I don't know if you have
the manifolds for a 351W on it or for the Cleveland.  The manifolds
for the Winchester are a little unique.  The casting # on the manifold
should be:
       D5UE 9430AB right - 75 Granada, Monarch or
                           75-78 Ford Truck and vans
       D5DE 9431CO left  - 75 Granada, Monarch

As to the headers, the off the shelf headers will NOT clear the firewall.
Terry has some custom made for the Winchester.  I don't know if he has
any left or not and weither they will fit the Cleveland.  You might
want to give him a call.

              48 TR1800    65 Morgan 4/4 Series V