#2755 has got to go!

To: bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: #2755 has got to go!
From: "K M" <symbiotic@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 03 May 1998 19:15:54 PDT
Well, sorry to say that one of my Bricklins just has to go.  Not that I
don't want it, it's just that I have no place for it.  Right now it is
at my ex-girlfriend's house and she wants it OUT OF THERE (to say the
least).

I bought the car around Christmas for $3,500 (this car is still listed
as for sale in the current issue of The Brickline), so I certainly
thought is was worth the money. When driving back from Palm Springs to
San Francisco, it overheated and I flatbedded it the last 100 miles.
Meanwhile, a 4 speed came on the market in Lodi and I just wanted a 4
speed -- so I ended up with two cars. No problem in most of the country
but in San Francisco, parking is a premium. I am now about to be renting
two garages besides my apartment, whew, that's too much for me.

So the white 75 is going one way or the other.  The exterior of the car
is fine, the interior needs the usual things, some interior panels,
cracked dash, seatcovers, carpet. It has an air door system that should
be easy to fix (the electric compressor and all works, I just haven't
cleaned out the solenoids). The engine ran strong, I have not figured
out the overheating issue because the car is 30 miles away! All the
glass is fine, it has original wheels. I am the third owner and have
no-opted the car since I got it.

I have two options now, sell the car or give it to one of those tax
deductible organizations.  I would rather sell it for a reasonable
price, $2,800, to a Bricklin fan.  I could get an estimate of the value
of the car, somewhere around 6-7,000 I imagine, and re-coup my
investment through the charitable deduction.  If anyone is interested in
this car, write me. Kim