The End Of The Line-VIN 1758

To: bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: The End Of The Line-VIN 1758
From: Godly Krew <GodlyKrew@aol.com>
Date: Tue, 19 May 1998 02:31:57 EDT
Well, what can I say, folks?
I buy a Bricklin for the sole purpose of trying to cater to the materialistic
nature of women down here in southern CA (no offense, anyone) and what do I
get?  A car that sits there in the car port, uninsured, while I get three
delinquent marks on my TRW, including defualt of the secured loan that got me
the car.  I'm afraid i have no choice but to sell the car as a last ditch
effort to avoid a fourth mark on my TRW-BANKRUPTCY!

I'm only 21 years old.  this should not have to happen.  I can't even depend
on my own father to support me!  Mom and I argue too much, so I can't stay
with her and she refuses to help with anything related to the brick.  I'm
hoping that the lawsuits against Microshaft(er, microsoft) will help get me
more that $6.00 an hour income, which won't even cover my auto insurance
despite a flawless record.  Maybe after the Microsoft/Gov't suit settles, I
can walk into a computer repair shop, fill out an application, and actually
receive a phone call expressing their interest in hiring me.  Right now,
everyone turns me down becuase I've taught myself everything the certified
people know over the past 10 years.  They expect me to spend $7000 to re-learn
what I already know so I can be cerified.  Why spend $7000 I don't have to get
$14/hr when $10000 gets up to $100K /yr?  My situation relly looks bad, and
the sale of my 1986 Dodge conquest doesnt look possible, since my parents put
$5000 in it when blue book is $1200.  I really do not want to sell but I'm
afraid I have no choice.  I'll just have to learn how to work on cars and once
I have my own place, I can try and re-instate Malcolm's dream by designing an
exotic safety sports car for the 21st century. I love Bricklins!  But
sometimes love has to be tough...

VIN1758
unconfirmed mileage of 33,500
1975/351W/FMX auto
air doors (minus compressor)
alarm w/ pager
re-cored radiator w/ new hoses
safety orange

needs:
fiberglass work, esp on driver door
new pulley(not sure which, it's one of the two that work the fan)
air compressor
rustproofing/waterproofing
oil change/tune up
new carpet/seats
fix problem with tach(reads 7000rpm at 55mph)
re-conect gas guage(disconnected behind dash)

I really don't know what to ask for it, but here's what I paid for it...
$6950 for the car
$650 for DMV tax /license
$1100 for repairs(not expected)
$300 in bricklin parts
$100 for alarm

thats $9100 total..

HELP!

Riley Marquis III
VIN1758 -for sale, make offer.
Photos avail. on request, IF i can get my computer working.....