Possible 2nd Chance - VIN 1758

To: bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Possible 2nd Chance - VIN 1758
From: Godly Krew <GodlyKrew@aol.com>
Date: Fri, 22 May 1998 02:06:18 EDT
Hey All,
Looks like I may be able to get by without selling my beloved Bricklin (also
lovingly referred to as "The BabeMobile", "The Tire Screeching Babe Magnet",
"The Lean Mean Safety Machine", and "That orange thing sitting in the
carport".)

Today I received an unexpected paycheck, and one of my bills (the $375 one) is
not due yet.

QUESTIONS:
1: If I opt for a Hadley electric compressor, what specs would be best for
under $200?  Under $100?  I'm using a Campbell Hausfeld 5 gallon air tank to
tide me over until I can either make my own tank or get the "official"
Bricklin tank.

2:  Has anyone tried putting their air tank behind the interior panel in the
rear of tha car?  Will it even fit?  Just Kinda curious, since it could save
welding costs....

3:  Has anyone tried sealing leaks in the door cylinders by using silicone
sealant?  I mean leaks as in at the bottom of the cyl where you can turn the
body of the cyl when its mounted in the car?  Mine don't leak, but I thought
if anyone has ones that do, there's no harm in trying!

4:  My car appears to have a pulley problem.  There's two pulleys driven by a
belt: if its anything like my 86 conquest, this belt drives the alternator,
the fan, and one of the pulleys is mounted to what I believe is the compressor
clutch for the A/C (the silver thing on '75's on the driver side)  How do I
tell which of the two pulleys is bad?
When I go to pick a part of an auto parts store for a replacement, what type
of car should I use in place of "Bricklin" when asking for the part?

5:  Does anyone have (or know of a way to get) all the information necessary
to build an exact working replica of the Bricklin-Turner Powerplant?  Its the
one Mal claimed could be fully dissasembled in 5 min with a screwdriver and
pliers.  Just because Mal has gotten a bad rap doesnt mean the powerplant was
a bad replacement for conventional engines....any bugs it had could probably
be fixed with a little research and testing...Horsepower ratings anyone?

6: Has anyone seen the back of a '75 Tach?  If so, can ya tell me if it can be
set for 6cyl and 4 cyl engines?  I've been hearing totally diferent stories as
to why it reads 7000rpm(or an engine bomb) at 55mph.  My engine is fine and it
certainly doesnt do 7000rpm at 55mph.  If there IS a engine type setting, that
would explain my problem and confirm that my car really has 100K miles on
it...long story.

BRICKLIN FOR SALE!!!!!!  I know a guy who has a '74 in MINT CONDITION.  All
updates are included and it has the burlwood dash.  He's asking $14,000 or
something in that range.  Don't have the # handy, but if anyone wants to buy,
email me and I'll send you contact info.  Car is in Huntington Beach CA area.

Later...
Riley Marquis III
VIN1758