On The Road Again - VIN 1758 =)

To: bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: On The Road Again - VIN 1758 =)
From: GodlyKrew@aol.com
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 1998 14:37:38 EDT
Hey All,
Just got VIN 1758 re-insured and took her for a good drive yesterday...she
seems to run strong...I don't think I'm gonna hafta worry about being stranded
somewhere like I was with my 1986 Conquest =)

Just a few little things I could use advice/help on...

My main concern is filling up the gas tank.  Ever since I got the car, as soon
as I put the nozzle into the filler thing, gasoline runs out and down the
bumper.  This is before I pull the trigger that lets the gas flow.  Yesterday
before inserting the nozzle, I checked to see if it was the pump by pointing
the nozzle down.  just a few drops...I'm getting about 5-7oz running down my
bumper....the pump doesnt do this on my other car...then it hit me!
What happens if some of the gas makes contact with my muffler while its hot?
Are we talking about a case of fried Bricklin here, or is gasoline not likely
to ignite in such a situation?  What exactly could the problem be, and where
can I get it fixed?

As luck would have it, it seems that the plastic tubing I chose for the door
system will eventually lack the capacity to withstand 100psi.  Its worked fine
under 100psi for a while, but just yesterday one of the tubes on my air board
(four solenoids that allow air flow when turned on mounted on a metal plate)
burst.  Anybody have a better solution as far as tubing is concerned?  I know
there's better tubing that would take the pressure, but I can't find it in the
1/4" outside diameter i need...just 3/4" and up.  its like the stuff used
under a kitchen sink...sorta.

my passenger headlight seems to be misaligned so that it only goes halfway
up...I need to adjust the unit so its closer to the front of the car.

It feels good to be driving my "B" again!!!  It gives me so much satifsfaction
getting all that attention, I think its worth all the hassle, time, and money
I've invested, doors and all =)

BTW, when my doors don't work, i can avoid crawling through the hatch by
sliding in race car style.  Just gotta be careful =)

One good thing about the doors not working is the attention you get by
crawling in and out through the hatch =)  In fact, I think I get more
attention that way..hehehe

Later All...
Riley Marquis III
VIN 1758