Re: Any suggestions for padding under carpet

To: bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Any suggestions for padding under carpet
From: Isensee@aol.com
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 1998 10:34:16 EDT

<< I have new carpet to install and I want to know what type and thickness
 padding is the best. >>

I used padding that looks like the bubble wrap used in packages except it has
a silver outer layer. It is thin and flexible making it easy to install and it
isn't hurt if it gets damp. It seems to do well for heat shielding, but is not
as good as felt for sound deadening. I picked it up from a local speed shop.

Scott Isensee