Re: Bricklin Info Needed

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Bricklin Info Needed
From: Isensee@aol.com
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 1998 10:02:03 EST
Bricklin's are fairly reliable mechanically and drive train parts are easy to
get. I am sure you will find it more reliable than a Triumph. Body and trim
parts can be harder to get and the door lift mechanism can be a source of
problems. The AC is marginal for Florida. Bricklins build up a lot of heat
inside due to engine heat coming through the firewall, leaky door seals, and
lots of glass for the sun to shine through.

Straight line performance is very good. I don't find the Bricklin as much fun
as smaller sports cars in curves due to its larger size and poorer visibility.
It is comparable to a Corvette of the same era, but the character is much
different than a Triumph or Porsche.

These cars are around 25 years old so I wouldn't use it as a daily driver
unless you have a backup car. Things go wrong occasionally and you sometimes
have to mail order parts.

Bricklins are very attention getting. There are few cars any rarer. On
reliability, they are better than British and Italian sports cars, but not as
good as German or Japanese.

Scott Isensee