Fw: Long Term Storage

To: "Bricklin" <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fw: Long Term Storage
From: "Greg Monfort" <wingracer@email.msn.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 1999 17:31:33 -0500
That's interesting. Other than stress cracks, mine all came from the
cold. In the heat of summer, including extended stays in Fla.; my
panels all flowed out, corners uncurled, the hood and hatch sagged.

In the winter, the contraction rate for the plastic is much greater
than the fiberglass sub panels that it folds up the corners of the
hood, bowing it in the middle. The headlight covers become saucer
shaped. Door skins would crack a little more each season. So far the
roof is crack free, except for the joint seams.

You're definitely right though about using a reflective cover. I'm
surprised you haven't had dash problems from the extra heat. Mine
has a "V" dimple in the bottom lower R.H. valance where I had a 2 x
4 I had bought. It creased it from the heat and slight pressure of
leaning against it for several hours one summer.

GM