Re: T56

To: "Brad Feick" <bradf@epix.net>, <Bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: T56
From: "George Schiro" <gschiro@lni.net>
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 1999 08:25:28 -0500
The AMXfiles web site has an entry about a special bellhousing made by Ron
Waters that is available to fit a Tremec to a 360/390/401.  Additionally,
an adapter plate is also available to fit the GM version of the T56.

It is also strongly suggested that if you beef up the engine, you need to
beef up the rear axles.  AMC recommends adding a second keyway, but you can
now get new forged axles that will take as much torque as you can make.

The one thing I haven't found yet is whether you can swap in a twin-grip
differential and where one might be found.

George Schiro