Hood

To: bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Hood
From: Jeff Wynn <jwynn@lancnews.infi.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 1999 20:04:53 -0400
Re: can't open the hood...

   This happened to me, the first day I got the car ( last April).
The problem might be the cable is worn and frayed, so when you pull
the release, you are stretching the cable.  I don't know if mine was the

original setup, but the cable was chewing a saw cut up my firewall.
I ended up buying a $2 bicycle cable with a knurled adjustment at one
end, and
fabricating a 2'sq. plate with a fitting that holds the cable at the
firewall and
an L shaped bracket under the hood.
     You maybe can open the hood with a piece of coathanger with a hook,

and snag the cable that is between the latches.  You can access it
carefully
from the center bottom of the windshield.  Hope this helps.
                   Jeff Wynn  VIN 2157