Fw: Re: air check valve/Grainger,etc.

To: bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Fw: Re: air check valve/Grainger,etc.
From: James R McClure <capflyjmp@juno.com>
Date: Mon, 10 May 1999 19:50:19 -0500
The following is a copy of a reply I made to lsensee@aol.com regarding
doing business with Grainger.

Grainger does have a website, as well as 350 or so branches. The website
is http://www.grainger.com. Basicaly, you just need to pretend you are a
business (create any kind of business name) in order to buy from them, as
they declare "wholesale only" and "business to business sales only". They
publish a 4000 + page catalog, and have their catalog available on
CD-ROM. Most medium and large cities have a branch (here in Houston,
there are 7). If you don't have web access, write me back telling me
where you live, and I can look up the nearest branch to you, and give you
their phone #.

The idea of the check valve isn't quite the miracle I thought at first.
It will stop air from the storage tank from backing out through the
compressor, but the space between the compressor connection and the check
valve still contains pressure, although only a very small amount of air.
The closer to the compressor the check valve is, the better. It is
possible (depending on the exact configuration of the "plumbing") to
install it right next to your compressor fitting, so there is only like a
nanoinch of space for the "trapped" air to hide in. Anyway, for about
$6.50, you can't go wrong. Let me know how it orks out for you.

Jim McClure, #2459