RE: Floor pans

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Floor pans
From: "Olenick, Jamison" <Olenick@ssims.nci.nih.gov>
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 1999 08:10:37 -0500
John,
   If I understand what you are talking about.....I have a problem that may be
somewhere on the same line.
   I saw some door air shocks on a car in Laporte and eventually made a purchase
for my car and my fathers car.  We bought the exact shocks that John Rowe has in
his car and when we tried to put them into our cars they were too long.  We
noticed that the lower shock brackets are different on all 3 cars that we have.
Also, and more importantly,  I noticed that the distance from the roof at the
B-pillar to the rear floor pan appears to be as much as 1 inch different between
the cars.
   I am sorry that I cant help you more with the exact problem that you are
having.  I am sure that someone will be able to help to figure out the problem.
Everything must have all lined up when you first started to take the car apart
so it will go back together (but obviously not without a fight)
   Maybe we can determine some inside measurements of the Bricklin to see if
they vary from car to car. Anybody care to measure??  (either to determine that
they are different or that I am imagining things....)

                                                        Jamie

note: we eventually found that we could modify the lower shock bracket to lower
the mounting of the shock to make it fit.  (although not fully completed yet)