Fw: Fuel Sender, Rear End, Leaf Springs

To: "Bricklin" <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fw: Fuel Sender, Rear End, Leaf Springs
From: "Greg Monfort" <wingracer@email.msn.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2000 11:51:14 -0500

>    I went to the local Chrysler dealer and could not find the part numbers
that
> John Blair sent in for the Fuel Sender / gauge.  The parts guy said that
he
> looked at a parts list directly with Chrysler but could not find it.
Anyone
> else tried to find this?
=====
Not me.
=====
>    Secondly,  Anyone done the Ford 9'' rear conversion.  If so what car
did you
> get the rear out of?  Or what are the correct measurements (I am not sure
that I
> am correctly measuring the rear).
=====
Not me. Saved from a previous thread:

The easiest way to get both of the items you are looking for is to replace
the rear end with a Ford 9" from a Lincoln Versailles (sp). The limited slip
rear with disk brakes is worth about $600. You can also get them with just
the disk brakes or just the posi. for less.

Supposedly, there's an AMC disc brake conversion available for the Bricklin,
if this is why you want the info.
=====
>    Third,  I have a Springs-and-Things catalog that lists Leaf springs for
many
> cars including AMC's.  Does anyone know what car would cross for the Leaf
> Springs?  (I am in desperate need of some)
=====
Saved from a previous thread:

The springs are the same as a V8 Gremlin or Hornet or Spirit or Concord.  A
number of AMC vendors have them for sale through their catalog for I believe
around $100 a side.  Woodward Spring, Main St., Brockton, Mass or Palmer
Spring in Chelsea, Mass are both places our local AMC club members use to
have new ones installed or the rear ones re-arched. However, the rear AMC
springs are one of the weakest part of any AMC. I tell people the sag on the
AMX rear was standard equipment.  When you have them rebuilt, have them add
another leaf-AMXs got the extra leaf as part of the Go Pak or Power
Pak.

GM