RE: Questions from a Bricklin neophyte

To: bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Questions from a Bricklin neophyte
From: "Olenick, Jamison" <Olenick@ssims.nci.nih.gov>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2000 07:16:07 -0500
* How feasible is it to convert this car to a nice electronic fuel
injection system?
Well, I just acquired a 670 CFM Holley Fuel Injection Kit.  I will be installing
it on the weekend of the 18-20.  I will let you know how it goes.  It does not
appear to be too difficult, but like any auto repair, it will be way more
difficult than originally expected.  There are alot of components though....

* What are the options for upgrading the ignition system?
I have installed a MSD 6A and it seems to have helped alot.  Next I will getting
rid of the points (1974 Bricklin).
NOTE:  I have a distributor from a 83 Jeep Cherokee (w/360) and I need to know
if that will be a direct replacement for the points-type distributor???
anyone... anyone.....

* The headlights on this car are stuck in the "up" position. How
difficult is that to rectify? (My father has a 1970 Corvette. Same
problem.)
You can make the headlights go down manually by pressing on the spring/hinge
underneath them.  Of course this will not fix the problem but they will go down.

* Is there a basic set of modifications I should be aware of for this
vehicle? If so, where is a good place to find a list (assuming one
exists)?
There are plenty of sources.  This list is a great place.  You can also call
Terry Tanner - he is always glad to talk (you can find his # on the web page)

Thanks, and I look forward to getting to know everyone here better.

Jess Nicholas
Russellville, Alabama