Re: Auto to manual? Why not change the rear end ratio?

To: "alphachi" <alphachi@writeme.com>, <Bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Auto to manual? Why not change the rear end ratio?
From: "George Schiro" <gschiro@lni.net>
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2000 12:53:30 -0400
At some point your have to decide whether you want a street rod or a daily
driver.  A lower gear ration and an overdrive transmission can do a lot to
improve mileage.  I manager to find a copy  of "Performance with Economy"
which has many useful tips for "70s vintage V8s.

George Schiro

----------
> From: alphachi <alphachi@writeme.com>
> To: Bricklin@autox.team.net
> Subject: Re: Auto to manual?  Why not change the the rear end ratio?
> Date: Wednesday, July 05, 2000 12:42 PM
>
> One of the things I'm considering is changing the rear end ratio.  It
> appears a much easier swap than some others, and would allow "some"
> improvement of highway driveability.   However, without a modified motor,
> which can also be accomplished without fabrications, the taller rear
might
> really effect acceleration too much.  The Stock B is not exactly a
"zippy"
> car.
> stephan #2821

The