Re: carpet opinions

To: randy@edumet.com, bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: carpet opinions
From: "K M" <symbiotic@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 07 Jul 2000 13:08:42 PDT
Just buy some from tanner or hoffman, get that insulating padding from
J.C.Whitney and their spray on contact cement, pop those seats, seat belts,
sills and console out of there and in about 4-8 hours you will have a much
nicer car. Besides, unless you are showing at a B only show, most judges
don't have a clue of what is and what isn't original.  I think about 6
months ago someone wrote a message about the hassle he had trying to inform
and instruct judges at some show and, as I recall, he was not able to
convince them on all of his points (which were correct as I understand).

On the other hand, my "original" car is a 71 hemi charger and I spend a
bunch of money on tiny but correct parts. But, even though there were only
63 of those cars made, the class is well defined and documented so "wrong"
parts are more evident.  Kim