Thinking of selling #2417...

To: bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Thinking of selling #2417...
From: Jess Nicholas <jessn@mindspring.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 19:28:08 -0500
First of all, I'm not sure I'm doing this, but I figured you guys would
want to know first.

I'm thinking of selling #2417. The car has been discussed at length here
but just a quick recap:

It was originally orange and has been painted red. It has Corvette
leather seats and a custom interior. The engine has been converted to
electronic ignition, and it now starts and runs without fail. It has an
Edelbrock breather on a new 2-barrel carb...it runs like a new car,
basically.

The doors are operational, but not perfect. I'd have to explain this one
at length, but they do go up and down. The A/C works, but needs the
airbox mod. It has a few small leaks. All lights and electronics work,
although I'm not sure about the voltmeter, since it doesn't seem to move
very much. The headlights have been locked--on purpose--into the up
position, as there is a vacuum leak somewhere that needs tracing.

I'm not dying to sell this car, but with gas prices going up and my
primary car giving me trouble, I may need to look at other avenues.
Also, this car comes with something I consider priceless--a complete set
of service manuals that once belonged to Pinckney Volkswagen/Bricklin in
Pensacola, FL. That means there are diagrams of the original hydro doors
along with service receipts, repair and modification history, and even
original Bricklin company documents, warranty slips, and hours
estimations for a service department.

I'll take offers for it to this address (jessn@mindspring.com) and my
work address (jnicholas@etrucker.net). SEND OFFERS TO BOTH ADDRESSES.
Yes, the car needs some touching up, but I'm not letting it go extremely
cheap. I'd rather keep it. Just make what you think is a fair
offer...and please, don't reply to the entire list.

Payment must be in full and in cash before I sell it. I can't ship it to
you, but I'll make every effort to locate someone in my area
(Tuscaloosa, Alabama) if need be.

Jess Nicholas