Re: What makes you so sure acrylic WILL NOT WORK?

To: <Bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: What makes you so sure acrylic WILL NOT WORK?
From: "CBL302" <cbl302@email.msn.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2000 23:32:01 -0400
Sorry about the misunderstanding,WHAT I should have said was, that the over
the counter type of Acrylic repair,will not work on a Bricklin,by that I
mean I have tried the different reglazing items that are available at your
local Home Depot/Lowes,and other Hardware stores,that was made to reglaze
Fiberglass tubs,and I had very unsatifactory results,You are right I do not
have "years"of acrylic repairs,but I  do have over 30 yrs experiance on
working with fiberglass,and anytime someone can come up with a better way of
doing something,I will give that person high praise,and if someone can come
out with a system to improve the Bricklin panels,That would be Fantistic,I
for one would love to see that,also on the comment about what the panels
would look like you can go  to this page:
http://www.egroups.com/group/BRICKLINEWS  and look under files, then under
gelcoated Bricklin ,and judge for yourself,also the added materials are
roughfully .015 thick(about four sheets of regular copy paper put together.I
AM NOT Denounceing anybody to find a better way to repair acrylic,as I
said,Gelcoating IS NOT, for someone who wants to repair their Acrylic,it is
a option for someone like me that picked up a second Bricklin,that all the
orignal panels were damaged behond repair,and does NOT want to go thru the
process of replacing their orignal panels,again it is people like me and
others,that are willing to experiment with different  ways(R&D),and tell
others about their results,and then the next person tries it,and improves on
it,and tells of their results,and the next person improves on it,and so on
and so forth,that is what has made this country so great,and what will keep
the Bricklins going for another twenty five years.

Claude
vin 1136 Gelcoated/1024 My  orignal brick(still has the orignal exhaust and
tires)stored