AMC V8 upgrades

To: "'bricklin@autox.team.net'" <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: AMC V8 upgrades
From: Jim Pivirotto <jimp@SALT.FirstIndustrial.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2001 09:39:50 -0700
Ok gang I know this has been discussed before but I am bringing it up again.
What have people done to their 74 Bricks to upgrade performance? My car 756
has approx 10K miles on it and is a 4 speed. However, after 26 years it has
developed enough oil leaks that I am going to pull the engine to reseal and
have the heads gone over etc. So while I am in there I thought a new cam
possibly an intake etc might be good to go along with the Holley I already
have. However, the mods have to be done so that the car still passes smog
tests so I can't get too radical.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Pugs