Re: 351 Windsor

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 351 Windsor
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2001 18:16:38 -0500
At 07:31 AM 2/1/01 -0500, Serge Berube wrote:

>I would like to know if I would have to change the engine in my 75 B is
>there different 351 windsor.....if so would you know which is a perfect
>match.....and what car would have the same engine they put in the
>75....Did anyone did this yet...  Thank in advance Serge    vin 1733

A couple of items I haven't seen in the various responces:

1. The Brick does NOT use the standard 351 eng pan.  It uses a pan from an
   Econoline van to clear the eng. saddle.  I believe I have some info on this
   in the parts xref page.

2. If you stay with the Windsor, you will need to use your original manifolds
   or go with headers like the others are talking about.  The drivers side
   manifold is unique to 1 yr. only Ford and is NLA.  I've been trying to
   find one to no avail.  (Stephen - do you want to sell you manifolds?)
   The pass side manifold is also used on the Econoline vans.  Again I have
   some info about this in the parts xref.