Re: '74 Headlight vacuum actuator

To: "David Peabody" <Peabodydc@prodigy.net>
Subject: Re: '74 Headlight vacuum actuator
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2001 14:56:17 -0500
At 08:59 PM 2/8/01 -0500, David Peabody wrote:

>Has anyone been able to locate an after market supplier? Its the one on the
>part list ('75 Vette & '78 Lincoln)
>
>The only place I can get one is at a GM dealer for $110.00 each!!! Ugh! I
>need a pair!

Dave,

   While the look the same, Terry Tanner has told me on several occassions
that they are NOT the same.  There are some very suttle differences in the
rod length, and internal positioning so it moves at a different angle than
the ones you mention.

   You try some of the Bricklin vendors listed in the vendors list on our
web page.

   Also, if you are looking for a reliable driver, you might want to think
about switching to Terry's air powered lights if you have air doors on you
car.  The complete system is about $300 as opposed to almost $700 if you
really need to replace the vac. actuactors, control relay, and vac. tank.

Editor/Publisher The Brickline
Quarterly Magazine of Bricklin International

     75 Bricklin SV1   77 Spitfire   71 Saab Sonett III