spark knock or rod knock?

To: bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: spark knock or rod knock?
From: "Ryan Rodgers" <bricklin_2568@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2001 21:29:03 -0500
  Ok, I have 12.5:1 compression on my engine on #2568, saturday night the
gas station I normally get gas at was closed and I was almost empty.  So I
found some 92 octane gas at an all night gas station. I normally put 93 in.
Well now I get a knocking sound, like a spark knock when I get up to about
2000 rpm, it doesen't happen while sitting in park, thats why I figured it
wasent a rod.  but then I put my normall stuff in the tank plus some octane
boost just a few minutes ago. and it still makes the knocking sound,  has
anyone heard a thrown rod that doesent knock while in park but does when
your up to speed a little?  I really don't know what it is, I was hoping a
spark knock but now I have no idea.

                                                       thanks
                                                       Ryan #2568