Re: Intermittant Wiper Switch, fan motors, and louvers, and

To: <Bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Intermittant Wiper Switch, fan motors, and louvers, and
From: "alphachi" <alphachi@writeme.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2001 05:36:33 -0400
As posted previously, the intermittent wiper switch is available from Bob
Hoffman at a fair price.  I think its a good idea to keep in mind our two
main suppliers, Bob and Terry, put a great deal of effort into finding,
testing, and storing parts.  If we shortchange them by figuring out a way
around them, they will naturally become less and less motivated to provide
this service.  Also remember whenever we have a problem, these guys are
always willing to share their knowledge, and time, gratis.

I've heard from some that the second blower motor, much like Terry's blower
mod, was not all it's cracked up to be. I can certainly attest to miserable
long term effects of the latter.  The answer may be in replacing
deteriorated foam seals and checking proper operation of the vent door and
heater valve.  Beyond that, we need to find a more powerful fan motor since
the evap coil can certainly handle more air passing over it.  If one is not
available, I'm planning to check into some custom winding shops down here
and see if the OEM part can be modified.   Reportedly, Terry had found one
replacement, but it rotated in the wrong direction.  Since it was an
internal ground, this is not easy to reverse, but maybe not impossible.  I'm
all ears on this one as Miami is no iceberg.   I'm also trying to find out
about a Sanden A/C compressor that retrofits using the same mounts and
pulley style but much smoother and less drain on the HP but still uses R-12.

As for the louvers, I'm pretty sure there were no OEM ever made, but instead
just some inventive cross-referencing and "make do's".  You may want to
check into those made for the old Datsun Z's, as their rear window--I think-
was about the same size, kinda sorta....Just a thought, I really haven't
checked into this much at all.  So far. I've seen 3 styles that "make do",
some more than others. One had individually mounted slats, one mounts
typically and hinges up to clean the window, and one that mounts down the
middle.   I don't know where any of these came from.

stephan #2821

BTW, you can get rid of the signature tag by yahoo if you want.