Re: Ignition Switch

To: bricklin_2568@hotmail.com, bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Ignition Switch
From: "K M" <symbiotic@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 03:51:37
>   Ok, it seems that if there is a god he hates me and does not want me
>driving this bricklin.  After the motor, then the transmission, now the
>ignition switch rod has broke off in the steering collom.  Is the part #
>for
>the ignition switch correct on the bricklin page for a 75 with the tilt
>wheel?  or is that for a 74?   Also I didn't see any thing about the rod
>from the key tumbler to the ignition switch. Is this rod included in the
>package?  Or do I need to get one from another car?  And has anyone took
>apart the steering collom before?  I really don't wanna do thisso if I
>could
>get someone to run me through it I can be done with it faster.
>                                                 Thanks
                                                 Ryan #2568

The steering column (from horn to key but not beyond the key -- I don't
remember if it evens covers the key) is covered in the next issue of
Brickline. As to the switch, it is a fairly common gm tilt wheel switch.
All Bricks use the same one.  No rod comes with it.  How in the world did
you break that thing?  I would imagine that there are few bends in it so it
would be easy to make.