BIG XXVI Reminder

Subject: BIG XXVI Reminder
From: "Michael V. Mitchell" <Bricklin1155@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 26 May 2001 07:00:30 -0400
Hi all!

        Here's a 'heads-up' reminder about BIG XXVI (Bricklin International
Gathering) being held in the Greater Cleveland Ohio area July 18th to the 22nd.
You cannot procrastinate any longer!!! You must get out from under that
Bricklin long enough to fill out the registration and send the forms TODAY!!
Registrations received after 6/1/01 are subject to a late registration fee
(that's money for parts gone to waste!) Get those forms filled out and sent to
Stuart right away!!

        Also, you MUST make hotel reservations IMMEDIATELY to reserve your room
and obtain the group rate. (No fooling around here!) This area is rather busy
and finding lodging close by may be difficult (if not impossible) at a later
date. The host hotel is holding a limited number of rooms for us until June
1st. After that date the rooms become available for reservation by the general
public - it may not be possible to get a room in the same hotel. Also -
registering with the group gives BI some leverage with the hotel both now and
for future years (and other hotels). It is VERY important to tell them you are
with the Bricklin International group and to register before the expiration
period. (If you register late and ARE able to obtain a room at the host hotel,
be sure to get 'tagged' as a Bricklin International group attendee. You may not
get the discounted rate, but the club should get credit for the room and you
will be grouped with the other attendees.)

        By the way ... here's a few tidbits about the meet. Those of you that
are planning on attending and like to fish a bit - Friday's picnic location has
a small (3/4 acre) pond. The owners have granted permission for us to fish (if
you are so inclined), so bring your pole! (That pond has been there over 40
years and has been stocked periodically over those years. I grew up fishing
that pond and know there are plenty of Bluegill, Bass and the occasional
Northern Pike lurking there!) Those of you with those little folding chairs are
encouraged to bring them (you really didn't need to pack that spare tire or
extra underwear anyway ...). We'll be stopping off at a number of places to
show off the cars - they are great to have if you've got the room! One of our
MBO members also has hinted that they may be bringing along a mini-Bricklin. I
have only seen them in pictures myself and look forward to checking it out. I
had an opportunity to check out Norwalk Drag strip - where we'll be Friday
evening - and have some details on safety rules, helmets (snell 85 for those of
you doing better than 13's), etc. (Again ... I'll be updating the information
on the MBO site shortly.) Also, this year's Concourse d'Elegance is in an
EXTREMELY public venue - we are expecting an atypical amount of public
attendance. (Be ready to be educational! Mantra - it is not a kit, it is not a
kit, it is ...) Details will be available VERY shortly!

        Those of you that wish to send items for the meet packs, raffles or
auctions may contact me directly. I'll let you know where to send the items.
Those of you that have benefited from the BI website (like the parts
cross-reference) or from the efforts of the BI members are encouraged to show
your support - even if you are not currently a member. (Feel guilty yet!? Just
wait ...) There are a number of members that contribute a substantial amount of
their time & money to preserving & promoting the Bricklin as well as to the
continued existence & success of Bricklin International. The BIG events are
both a gathering AND a fundraiser for Bricklin International - PLEASE show your
support. Donations, gift certificates, gag gifts and practical gifts are all
welcome! (Membership forms are also available from the http://www.bricklin.org
site. Hint, Hint, Nudge, Nudge ...)

        Details of the meet and a registration form can be accessed at
http://www.bricklins.net or at http://www.bricklin.org. I'll be updating the
information VERY shortly (I promise). I look forward to seeing you ALL there!

Michael
VIN 1155

** Side note for those of you in the MBO area - our next meeting will be held
at the Quaker Steak & Lube in Independence (OH) 6/24/01 @ 12:00 - see you
there! This is the final regional meet before the BIG XXVI event - there will
not be one in July. Our meeting in Columbus last week (5/20/01) netted 4
Bricklins and 1 Pantera - I look forward to seeing more at our 6/24 meeting!