Beginner getting starter motor out...

To: <Bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Beginner getting starter motor out...
From: "Chris Justus" <cjustus@alceatech.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 11:56:11 -0400 (EDT)
[I've been having problems sending this... think I've got things figured
 out now... sorry if you get duplicates!]

Folks...

I'm not much of a DIY'r... But I'm resolving to become more
of one... 2850 is a daily driver for me, but wouldn't start
last week... After going through JTB's articles on the
electrical system, I've narrowed things down to the starter
motor...

After spending a half hour looking through the engine, I finally
figured out where the starter solenoid is, and where the
starter motor is :) [I hope]

I'd like to pull the starter motor out now... however I'm not
sure exactly what is holding it in place... I've put a picture
of it up at http://216.187.107.35/bricklin/ ... Which part(s)
should I be undoing to get this out? [I've numbered the areas 1-3
on my picture...]

Any help and/or tips would be appreciated...

Thanks,
Chris