Re: air door solenoids ????

To: "bricklin" <Bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: air door solenoids ????
From: "High Tech Coatings" <htc@MNSi.Net>
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2001 13:32:52 -0400
John, I know this sounds obvious but make sure you have them installed
properly, they should be marked in and out... in goes to the pressure. this
means that in goes to the tank line on the 'up' solenoids and the
ram(cylinder) on the down solenoids. If you can't find or see the markings
contact me off list and I will describe how to tell. I believe the max
working pressure for the KIP (141114) solenoids is 175 psi so I doubt you
have them over pressured. If they won't seal and are installed in the proper
orientation send them back to who you bought them from as they are
defective.If they are old stock, the rubber may be hard and a light shot of
ATF may help, but this is short term.
Rick