VIN # questions

To: bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: VIN # questions
From: "Brian Cochran" <bricklin2264@usa.com>
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2002 08:21:11 +0800
Well, I bought this Bricklin that was being used as a parts car so that I could
restore it.   Unfortunately, the dash had been sold out of it, so I don't have
that VIN plate.  Second, when the car was delivered, I found out that the VIN
plate on the drivers door was missing.  On my other Bricklin, I found out that
the last 4 digits of the VIN are stamped into the passenger side door sill.  On
my good Bricklin, these numbers are the same as my VIN #, 2264.  But on this
other one, they had carpet on the door sills.  So after a while of scraping and
using paint thinner, I found out that the 4 digits on this car were different
than the VIN I was told for this car.   What I am wondering, is it possible the
car was assembled out of sequence at the factory due to some problem?  Also,
are these numbers the same as the VIN #, or is it just a coincidence on 2264?
Because the girl I bought the car from told me bought it from a used car
dealership, so I am confused as to how this number is wrong, if those numbers
are infact the last 4 digits of the VIN #.  Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you.

Brian
#2264 and #2???
--