Re: Questions

To: bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Questions
From: Isensee@aol.com
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 11:54:17 EST
Bricklin had to change to Ford engines in '75 because AMC stopped supplying
them. In '74, both automatics and 4 speeds were offered. In '75, they dropped
offering a manual transmission because they didn't have an emissions
certification for that engine and transmission combination.

I don't think there is any concensus that one is better than the other. 0-60
times with Ford and AMC engines are pretty close. I think a four speed is
generally a better choice for a sports car, but the one Bricklin used has a
very heavy clutch and is a pain to drive in traffic.

Bricklin made lots of improvements as they went along so generally the later
the VIN the better made they are.

Scott Isensee