Re: Heater Core

To: VJCapece4@cs.com
Subject: Re: Heater Core
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Mon, 02 Sep 2002 21:00:54 -0400
At 10:11 AM 9/2/02 EDT, VJCapece4@cs.com wrote:

>After parking 502 the other night, I found antifreeze on the passenger side
>rug this morning. I assume it's my heater core, or the one heater hose
>running through the firewall that I cannot get to. I have done this job in
>the past, it is usually a pain. Any suggestions for the Bricklin? Or do I
>have to take apart half the dashboard to get to the heater hose and core?
>Thanks for any help you can provide.

Vinny,

The hoses are gotten to by removing the screen on the pass. side of the
plenumn in front of the windshield.

I'm pretty sure you can pull the heater box without pulling the dash, but it
might make it easier if you do pull the dash.

A quick fix, would be to cut the hoses in the engine compartment and put
a piece of pipe in and connect them together.

Sorry for being so short and sketchy, but I had pulled the dash out of
887 before I pulled the heater.  And I haven't had to pull the heater box
out of another Brick.  I did help a Jim Kellerher relocate the evaperator
in his car 1191 and you have to pull the dash to do that.