Bricklin Is it possible to swap lower door window bracket

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Bricklin Is it possible to swap lower door window bracket
From: jugeauj@gdls.com
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 20:36:02 -0400
Has anyone here ever worked around the Bricklin's door window mechanism

Is it possible to mistakenly swap lower door window brackets around?
It's the piece with the two bolts that go through the bottom of the window
to hold it in place.

While driving around last weekend, the passenger side window came undone
and fell down inside the door.
While trying to place the window back onto the two bolts on the
bracket/rail I noticed that the holes in the window (with the rubber
inserts) would not align with the bracket's bolts.
They're off by about two inches!

   The door itself shows signs of it being pawed at previously so I'm
asking if that rail could have been removed, mistakenly flipped 180degrees
during reassmebly and installed wrong.
Then, whomever, not wanting to correct things simply wedged the window in
somehow, buttoned it all up and called it a day.

I can't remember really exercising that window until recently when turning
the handle wouldn't move the window so I can really tell if the mounting
bolts had been inserted through the window or not.

Nope, the associated nuts were missing.

I asking now if I can pulled the door apart, disassemble the mechanism and
swing that bracket/rail around or am I just not seeing what it takes to
align the window back up to it.

Thanls all,

Louis