Power Steering Fluid

To: bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Power Steering Fluid
From: Maycinc@cs.com
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 23:13:39 EDT
I think I've finally figured out my never ending power steering overheating
problem.  Joel and I were at a car show and I was talking to him about my
overheating.  When we checked my fluid, Joel mentioned that his fluid was red
while
mine was yellow.  Sure enough his looked like automatic transmission fluid.
I've got power steering fluid in mine.   I checked my service manual and it
says to use Dexron ATF.
I know that power steering fluid is thicker than ATF but would it cause
overheating?   What damage might I have done using PS fluid?  If I really need
change to ATF, what is the best way to flush the PS fluid out?  Also, what ATF
fluid do I use?  I've heard of DexTron but not Dexron.
Marvin