Hood release (2)

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Hood release (2)
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair1948@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 15:53:13 -0500
Again, thanks to all the replies to my 1st post on this subject.  Now I've got
some more questions.

>From looking at the pictures, it appears that the bottom of the bracket for
the
release handle just touches where the floor pan meets the sill plate.  Most
of this piece of my car was missing (rusted).  I had to make a patch plate and
weld it in.  It starts about 3/4 the way up the 2 access holes for the body
mount bolts and the rear of the ft fender mount.

1. Could someone measure the location of the 2 holes from the door opening
and up from the sill plate, so I can locate where they're supposed to be, and
put some there.

2. Are these holes threaded?  Can you tell if there is a nut welded on the
back of them?  Now that the body is on the car, I have to try and figure out
a way to mount them - I can't really put a nut on the back of the panel
unless I cut the A pillar open.  My patch plate may be thick enough to just
thread.  What size bolts are used to hold the bracket to the side panel.

3. Anyone have any extra of the hood release clips that are moutned to the
hood latches.  I've just looked through all my boxes of parts and can only
find 1.  I guess there is also one for the trunk latch someplace.

Phone:  (757) 495-8229