Window Problems

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Window Problems
From: James McIver <mciver3@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 15:39:17 -0700 (PDT)
I have a 75 Bricklin and I am having problems with the
driver side window.  I have the door taken apart and
whenever I try to roll up the window, the track which
the window is glued to tilts and drags against the
guide channel all the way up, causing, when the glass
is installed, the window to rub against the inside
part of the door.  This makes it almost impossible to
roll up the window.  However, this does not happen
when it is disconnected from the guide channel, which
leads me to believe that the problem is too much
friction when the guide channel "moves" the window
horizontally along the scissor mechanism.  I have
realigned the guide channel as instructed by BPS, but
it still does it.  Do I maybe need new rollers in the
scissor mechanism? Mine do not roll very well but BPS
told me that they do not have to for it to work.  Is
there any way I can at least lube the rollers so they
work better?  Even when the whole thing is
disconnected fromt he guide channel, it is still a
little hard to roll up.  Thanks.

James #1094