Re: 74 distributor orientation

To: "bl" <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 74 distributor orientation
From: "High Tech Coatings" <rick@hightechcoatings.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2005 15:24:21 -0500
If you want to know where it is supposed to be on your car, just manually
rotate the engine until the timing pointer lines up at about 14degree BTDC
and the rotor will be pointing at or 180 degrees away from
#1. you can manually time it by rotating the dizzy till the points just
crack open. This will get you very close timing wise and will get tithe
dizzy to where it was before it turned. Is that the right spot? who Knows
but at least it is where it was when you started, As lng as the dizzy hasn't
been pulled.
Rick