Re: air latch vs electric door solenoid

To: bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: air latch vs electric door solenoid
From: Maycinc@cs.com
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 22:35:38 EST
Kevin,
When I first installed the air latches (from Terry) the doors would only
latch on the 1st catch.  I called Terry and he said that it was because there
is
pressure in the line unitl the door is all the way down.  This pressure kept
the latch open.  He said the way to fix it was to put a one way solenoid in the
line that would let the air out of the line as soon as you let go of the up
switch.  I bought them from him and they do work but I think he charged $75 for
2. It was several years ago so he might have switched to latches that take
more pressure to keep them open.  Anyway, I think I would go with modern
electric
if I had a choice.
Marvin