Re: Help- need answer to an off topic question

To: bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Help- need answer to an off topic question
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair1948@cox.net>
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2008 13:54:05 -0400
At 05:07 PM 6/28/2008 +0000, Alan Coleman wrote:

>We're currently in OK in our motorhome and I forgot about the winds out here.
>I opened the main door without holding on and it was blown around into an
>object I had in the way, which punched a 3/4" to 1" inch diameter
>indentation/hole in the fiberglass (painted not gelcoat).

Alan,

The obvious quick fix is Duct Tape!

Dynaglass will do the job nicely, and will adhear to a vertical surface.  But
you'll have trouble with any bondo type material if it is really a hole and
nothing
for the material to bit to.  You can make up very small amounts of bondo,
dynaglass, etc, and put it on and let it try.  Thus making the hole a little
smaller.  Then repeat in 15 min to 1/2 hr. until you have covered the hole.
The other option is to get a fiberglass repair kit, from an autopart store.
It will contain about a quart of resin, some cloth and catalist.  Mix the
resin,
wet a piece of glass cloth, and voila.

Va. Beach, Va
Phone:  (757) 495-8229