Re: [Bricklin] door rocker switches

To: bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Bricklin] door rocker switches
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair1948@cox.net>
Date: Sat, 10 Oct 2009 17:22:54 -0400
At 02:52 PM 10/10/2009, Tina Barrett wrote:

 >Can anyone tell me the specs/part number on the little rocker
switches on the
 >console that open/close (and the other that locks off) the doors?

Tina,

Basically the door open/close switches are double pole double throw
center off.
But if you have air doors you can get by with a single pole double
throw center
off switch.

The door lock switch is a  single pole single throw switch.  The only
real then
to worry about is the length and width of the new switch so that they will fit
in the holes on the console.

An acceptable replacement for the door open/close switch is a:  Standard DS-512
switch.  The bezel is not like the originals.  If you really want
originals you'll have
to try one of the Bricklin vendors,  Terry Tanner, Bob Hoffman, or Rich Haines.

I'm sure Standard has a switch that will work for the lock switch
also, I just don't
have a part # for it.

Va. Beach, Va
Phone:  (757) 495-8229