Re: [Bricklin] boiling fuel in carburetor

To: <Bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Bricklin] boiling fuel in carburetor
From: JLC <breton48@live.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2010 12:06:48 -0600
Thanks for the replies to my message below (boiling fuel in carburetor).

The heat flap works fine, so that's not the problem.

 Rick, what does the "heat riser valve" on the driver side look like?

JLC

Hi....  came back from a drive in Colorado Springs this morning, and the

engine was intermittently missing on the way back. I checked the air

filter/carburetor, and noticed the fuel in the carburetor was boiling.

Outside temperature was about 65 degrees, and I was driving at a  moderate

speed (under 60 mph).  I changed or touched nothing on the car since its

last run, when I had no problems. The engine temperature was below 190

degrees.
Bricklin@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $11.47