Off Topic Question

To: <buick-rover-v8@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Off Topic Question
From: "OP" <oliverp@gte.net>
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 1998 14:23:34 -0700
I was looking at some of theBuick/Rover Pages and came upon
http://www.raymog.demon.co.uk/steve9.jpg, there is a picture of some Rover
SD-1 prepped for racing. In the background is a vehicle that looks much
like a 64-67 Chevrolet El Camino. I have on occasion seen in documentaries
from Asia and Africa vehicles that looked like Datsun/Nissan 510 sedans,
but were sport pickups like the El Camino/Rancheros. I have been looking
for info on these or any other small car like this. Does anyone know off
hand what the vehicle in the back ground of the picture is? Are there any
UK or Ozzie vehicles that fit this description. I had watched Mad Max many
years back and remember seeing a vehicle that matches this discription. I
have alwaysliked oddball vehicles, and like the idea of combining truck and
sportscar.

thanx,

Oliver