re: six-bolt heads

To: buick-rover-v8@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: re: six-bolt heads
From: adh@an.bradford.ma.us (Sandwich Maker)
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 98 13:19 EDT
"From: Dan Carrington <dc_grafx@microworks.net>
"
">From what the hardcastle books say, the four bolts got away from the
"problem of the opposite side from the fifth bolt getting lifted up and
"having possible sealing problems.  If I remember correctly, there was
"also some version with a full six bolts arround each cylinder.  An older
"american car if I remember correctly.  Don't quote me though...

that would be olds, if -i- remember correctly.  why they made their
own version of the buick design instead of common sourcing...  maybe
interdivision politics - at the same time, pontiac made a version of
the chevy 194/230, except it was 215 and the blocks say pontiac on
them.  [maybe the material is different; pontiac v8s used stronger
iron than chevy]
Andrew Hay                              there is nothing more fulfilling
internet rambler                        than doing a good deed in secret
adh@an.bradford.ma.us                   and then being discovered