Re: Rover serpentine belt front cover

To: Peter Kent <pkent@skynet.net.au>
Subject: Re: Rover serpentine belt front cover
From: Jim Stuart <jimbb88@erols.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 1998 18:46:36 -0400
Peter-

Check with Woody @ The Wedge Shop.  SCMTR8@aol.com   He sometimes has
the front covers. Rover seems to be the only source for the pulleys &
other parts unless you find them in a salvage yard.

I got a front cover with oil & water pumps from Woody, & am working on
installing it in a MGB. Don't need the power steering, am trying to use
a GM alternator & 505 A/C compressor. Can't use the factory brackets as
they won't clear the MG hood.

I'll show you mine if you show me yours- but it may be a few more
months.

Keep us posted. By the way, the water pump is reverse rotation, but you
probably already knew that. The oil pump is a major improvement, very,
very nice.

Jim Stuart