Buick 215 with stroker crank for sale

To: buick-rover-v8@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Buick 215 with stroker crank for sale
From: Charles.K.Scott@Dartmouth.EDU (Charles K. Scott)
Date: 29 Oct 98 11:23:45 EST
I've changed my mind about using a Buick V-8 for my project and am offering it
for sale.

The block and crank came from Dan LaGrou, he inspected it and guarranteed it's
to be free of defects.  The bore was miked at .010 over stock (only one
cylinder was .010, the others were under this) and the crank was machined to
fit the block.  I shipped the crank to the Moldex Tool Co. for magnafluxing and
nitriding.  This was done and the journals re-machined as they apparently grew
a touch during the nitriding process.

The seal kit goes with the block and crank.

The two heads are from a Rover 3.5L engine so they are an exact fit for the
Buick block.  The heads are from Dan too.  I wanted the Rover heads because
they have larger valves than the Buick or Olds heads and because they are from
the 3.5L engine, they are an exact match for the 215 cid block.

I'm asking what I have in it: $675.  The block cost $75, the two heads $75 each
and the crank was $375.  The difference is the work Moldex performed on the
crank.

Contact me at my e-mail address if interested, I live in central-eastern
Vermont.

Thanks,  Corky Scott

charles.k.scott@dartmouth.edu