Re: TR8 engine/crossmember orientation

To: perry robinson <tps@fastlane.net>,
Subject: Re: TR8 engine/crossmember orientation
From: Dan Carrington <dc_grafx@microworks.net>
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 1999 13:15:30 -0800
Perry, as I have been told after asking this question, it really doesn't matter
all that much, but the preferred position is the engine to the back simply for
weight ballance.  If you are doing a conversion, the shifter barely fits in the
hole becuase the TR8 actually had a shifter extension housing that was 3/8" or
so shorter.  People either mount the engine foreward in the mounts, or cut the
body to fit the shifter better.  Or the other idea is to find a TR8 shifter
extention (good luck as it took me about a year to find one) or to have your TR7
extension and the shaft within cut down and re-welded to fit.  I think that you
can find the TR8 shaft though from Victoria British, just not the aluminum
housing.

Dan Carrington