More on the baby buick

To: buick-rover-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: More on the baby buick
From: "Dave Robertson" <dave@ghboats.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 1999 21:35:53 -0700
Hey everyone,

Thanks for all the e mail notes and comments on the board. I am
surprised at all the lurkers out there who live within a few hours of
Seattle.

But plead as you might, you can't pry the secrets out of me. Ray
said if I told anyone my motor would turn into a pumpkin and the
glass slipper would break.....

However, I can tell you that the trial engine built using the same
tricks dynoed at 315 horsepower and this one should have a few
more ponies than that. But to me, even more impressive than the
h.p. is the throttle response. When the motor is at idle, just tickling
the throttle will make the motor want to jump right out of its
mountings.  Did I tell you about the motor that I saw at Ray's
shop? It was under a tarp in the corner under a dark bench. At first
I didn not pay much attention to it until I started to count the
cylinders...1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12.....yes, he took two 215's,
cut 2 cylinders off of 'em, welded the remaining v-6's together, and
made an aluminum v-12. 400 horsepower, absolutely smooth, and
the most radical sound ever!!! This guy is a magician with engines!
He is slow, but if you are patient he can build an engine to dream
about.

Seeeeya,

dave