Engine Mounts

To: buick-rover-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: Engine Mounts
From: Kris & Bill Wessale <wessale@iwl.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2000 21:56:38 -0600
Here's a detailed question about BOP 215 engine mounts.  I have engine
mounts that have 15/32" holes for the bolts that go into block, but the
block bolt holes are only 3/8".  This leaves 3/32" of slop between the
engine mount holes and the bolt.  Doesn't seem right...  Do I have the
wrong engine mounts?  Or is there a bushing that's supposed to go
between the bolt and the mount?  Or it there a special 3/8" bolt that
has a 15/32" shoulder?

Similarly, the engine mounts have tabs that bolt to the frame, and these
tabs have slots instead of holes.  The slots are 15/32" wide by 11/16"
long.  How are these supposed to work?  I expected a hole?

Thanks,

Bill Wessale